Garage
September 19th I pulled into my "new" garage just as Grant Farms was starting to harvest the south wheat field. With a strong south wind it was going to be a very dusty day or two. On those days it's best to find things to do inside the house or the in shop, unless the wind changes direction. Tucked inside my garage my car won't get any more dirty than it already is - meaning I can wash it and have it stay clean for more than a few hours! Sorry kitties, no more climbing or sitting on the car when it is parked in the garage.
There are still details to finish on and in the garage, but it is nice to have. The final plan is in winter to park the tractor in the barn (where I used to park the car) and the car in the garage. But first I have to build an extension on the barn and build doors to protect the tractor from the elements. And before that I need to reinforce some of the structural integrity of the barn. In the summer having the tractor in the shop is better. Last winter, with so much snow, I spent too much time digging out the shop door in order to open it and blowing out high snow drifts just to reach my driveway.
Building before and after:
And during:
Remy thinks it's fun:
Drainage trench (with Teaka's help) with tile to direct water away from the wood foundation on west and east sides:
Two pails of metal components found in the ground inside and in the drainage trench:
And lots of glass. I filled two and a half 2L ice cream containers with glass bits.
Old electrical box:
Found items included interesting stuff like an old liquor bottle, license plate, square nails and coins.



Comments
Post a Comment